The UK's regional newspapers were evening more wild and wonderful than usual today.
Here is a round-up of some of the most sensational stories:
Hull toilets to get interactive jukebox and touch-screen urinals – from the Hull Daily Mail
Does this video show a SHARK swimming off the coast of Redcar?– Teesside Gazette
Renaming of River Otter to River Beaver 'will bring millions to East Devon economy' Exeter Express and Echo
Scunthorpe streets set to be named after Justin Bieber, Beyonce, Rihanna and Snoop Dogg – Scunthorpe Telegraph
- Giant inflatable rooftop slide coming to Manchester city centre – Manchester Evening News
- MP calls Donald Trump 'irresponsible' for saying he could nuke Europe – Birmingham Mail
Drone parking wardens to begin patrolling Swansea skies and issuing tickets – South Wales Evening Post
- World's first working regional accent translator developed in Nottingham – Nottingham Evening Post
- Giant strawberry a huge treat for Swindonians – Swindon Advertiser
- Bolton bakery launches town's first left-handed sandwich – The Bolton News
These stories were of course, all April Fool's jokes (apart from the last one, Donald Trump really is the Republican frontrunner for the US presidential nomination).