If you’re a freelance journalist, you should consider marketing your services via Press Gazette’s Freelance Directory.
Every week Press Gazette is read by more UK editors and commissioning editors than any other title with 150,000-plus readers, more than 64,000 followers on Twitter and 10,000 newsletter subscribers.
A listing in Press Gazette’s Freelance Directory is a great value way of ensuring that new clients and commissions come to you. By including links from Press Gazette back to your personal site it is also an effective way of boosting the search engine optimisation of your site.
Premium listing – (example here)
- Photo and/or logo
- Up to 200 words of copy
- Up to four weblinks back to your site and/or examples of your work
- Details of any awards you have won
- Email and telephone contact details
- Twitter ‘follow’ widget in your name
- One sponsored Tweet from the main Press Gazette Twitter account. You compose it and tell us when you want to it go out (must include #ad or #spons)
Basic listing – (example here)
- 100-word listing with one weblink back to your site
- email and telephone contact details
- Twitter ‘follow’ widget in your name.
Don’t just take our word for it, here’s a testimonial from freelance journalist Becky Slack:
“I’ve been using the freelance directory since September 2011 when I was made redundant. It was a pretty scary time as I wasn’t sure if or how I was going to survive financially. The freelance directory has been a big help. I’ve received numerous invitations to pitch for work, most of which I have won, and it’s provided me with an opportunity to make new contacts and work with new titles. I consider my listing to be an important part of how I market myself and would highly recommend it.”
To advertise your freelance journalism business on Press Gazette email commercial director Kalpesh Vadher at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)203 145 5852.