A judge has ruled that the BBC does not have to give the Met Police unbroadcast footage of the aftermath of the shooting of Mark Duggan, which sparked rioting in Tottenham last year.
- August 31, 2021
- June 8, 2020
- November 18, 2019
A report on the BBC this afternoon said police applied for the footage as part of their investigation Kevin Hutchinson-Foster, who is accused of supplying Duggan with a gun.
Judge David Radford, at Snaresbrook Crown Court, said he was not satisfied the material had substantial value to the case, according to the report.
A spokeswoman said:
On this occasion we opposed the court order because on the evidence provided by the police we were not satisfied the material was relevant to their investigation.