Fighting for quality news media in the digital age.

  1. Publishers
  2. National Newspapers
October 27, 2013updated 28 Oct 2013 4:49pm

Alexander: No further compromise, Royal Charter will go to Privy Council this week

By Darren Boyle

A senior Government minister has warned the press that no further compromise is possible on its planned Royal Charter.

Chief Secretary to the Treasury Danny Alexander told this morning’s Andrew Marr show on BBC 1 that significant changes had already been made to the proposed scheme.

He said the Government’s plan will go to the Privy Council on Wednesday as planned.

You've reached your limit of free articles

Please register now to continue reading

Already registered? Log in here
Websites in our network