They slaughtered their district reporters, savaged their marketing budget and then axed all their sub-editors – but for the love of God leave them their towels.
Leaked email of the week comes from Canary Wharf, where tough trading conditions have led to the ending of free towels for Mirror stuff. Here it is, complete with spelling mistakes:
Annoucement: Gym – Canary Wharf
How have your newspaper consumption habits changed during the pandemic/lockdown, and do you think this will last?
- I read more news digitally than in print now, and expect this to continue (48%, 179 Votes)
- No change (29%, 107 Votes)
- I read more news in print than digitally now, and expect this to continue (14%, 52 Votes)
- I read more news digitally than in print now, but do not expect this to continue (6%, 24 Votes)
- I read more news in print than digitally now, but do not expect this to continue (3%, 10 Votes)
Total Voters: 372Loading ...
As you aware, in light of current trading conditions, the company are continuing to try and reduce its overall cost base.
As a result, effective from 1st August 2011, the following changes will take place: –
1. Gym Facility
The gym will be run as an unmanned facility, but the following arrangements will be put in place: –
a) Only members of staff who have completed a formal gym induction will be allowed to use the facility.
b) Access will be restricted by a new access control door or turnstile.
c) Inductions and programmes will be available twice a week, either on a Tuesday or Thursday. Further details will be available prior to the 1st August.
d) The gym facility will remain open to staff between the hours of 7am-8pm Monday to Friday.
2. Shower Facility
Showers will remain fully accessible to all staff at all times and be separated from the gym area.
The provision of free towels will cease.