Here's my latest round-up featuring six of the best stories I've spotted in the regional press.
- Everyday heroism covered by The Gazette in Colchester where police and passers by saved the life of a car crash victim three times
- Headline of the week from the Central Somerset Gazette: Drive-by yoghurt attack on crochet teacher's haberdashery leaves her shaken
- How families in Hull are taking legal action to stop the great Saltend stink (Hull Daily Mail)
- The Leicester Mercury reveals how it's easier to get hold of drugs than basic toiletries in the city's prison
- The Plymouth Herald on how government cuts have wiped £109m from council finances
- The MEN's timely expose of BBC presenter Bill Turnbull being paid £5.5k partly out of the coffers of an NHS charity (money now returned).
Watch me talk about these and other stories on Latest TV in Brighton here:
To suggest a regional press story for inclusion in this weekly round-up email firstname.lastname@example.org.