Fighting for quality news media in the digital age.

  1. News
October 1, 2018updated 30 Sep 2022 6:52am

Newsquest says impact of ‘digital revolution’ behind its closure of free South Wales newspaper as title has no ‘sustainable future’ in print

By Charlotte Tobitt

Newsquest is closing a free newspaper in Wales due to challenges caused by the “significant impact” on the industry caused by the “digital revolution”, it has said.

The weekly Campaign Series newspaper, which covers the Caerphilly and Blackwood areas in south Wales in two editions, has been in print for more than 20 years.

However Newsquest has said it does not have “a sustainable future in print”, and announced in a message to the editor in last week’s newspaper that it was to be the last issue of Campaign.

You've reached your limit of free articles

Please register now to continue reading

Already registered? Log in here
Websites in our network