A UK trade association is seeking an experienced communications professional to develop and implement proactive comprehensive communications strategies as part of the objectives to shape public, media, political and government opinion in this highly regulated sector.
Location: Central London with some UK travel
Salary: c: £45,000 + excellent benefits
· Oversee and handle the trade body’s press and media relations, ensuring that the industry’s position is well formulated, and clearly made known to journalists in the press, radio and TV. Design, develop and deliver strategic communications campaigns using the full marketing mix.
· Develop and maintain good contacts in all media, ensuring the trade body is seen as the reliable, authoritative and timely source of information regarding the sector.
· Oversee the prompt response in rebutting, as appropriate, or replying to press or media stories and enquiries and providing out of hours cover.
· Provide timely briefing, advice and support to the senior team on media issues and developments.
· Provide guidance and support on media issues to other members of staff and member companies.
Skills and Experience
· Graduate calibre with proven experience of working in a press or communications role ideally within a political environment. Possess the confidence, conviction and credibility to work at all levels within the business.
· Excellent understanding of effective communications skills and techniques including campaign planning and evaluation.
· Sound news judgement and political acumen.
· Knowledge and experience of UK / EU parliamentary and legislative processes.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate complex issues.
· Enthusiastic team player with the ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
Closing date: 6 January 2015.
We reserve the right to close the application window early if we receive a required number of suitable applications.
To apply for the position or request further details please contact email@example.com enclosing a copy of your CV.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to point out mistakes, provide story tips or send in a letter for publication on our "Letters Page" blog