The June issue of Press Gazette should be with subscribers now and is packed with the best independent features, analysis, tips, training and in-depth news about British journalism that you will find anywhere.
The new price for a year’s subscription is £90 – that’s £25 off the old price. Those subscribing now will also receive a free 2GB USB memory stick. Quote offer code: JU06.
For students Press Gazette has introduced a new discounted annual rate of £60 (please state your college/year).
To subscribe call 01858 438 872 .
What’s in this month’s mag:
- Our cover feature looks at rebuilding internet paywalls for journalism-based websites – as suggested by Rupert Murdoch, Carolyn McCall and others. If it feels like we’ve been here before it’s because we have, explains Peter Kirwan. He digs behind the rhetoric and crunches the numbers to see if there is a way forward for paid editorial content online.
- We also have an exclusive in-depth interview with Culture Secretary Andy Burnham speaking on the eve of the publication of the government’s much-anticipated Digital Britain report. He explains why he is determined to take action to save Britain’s under-threat regional print and broadcast journalists.
- Ciar Byrne has a look under the bonnet of Geordie Greig’s relaunched Evening Standard to find out what journalists there really think of the Lebedev regime:
- Launch editor of Love It! Karen Pasquali-Jones has ten great ways to ‘lick your magazine into shape” and ensure it survives the recession.
- Political journalism veteran David Rose reports on the Telegraph’s MPs’ expenses scoop explaining why it is the biggest political story of his 41-year-career in the Lobby and why journalists aren’t mourning the exit of speaker Michael Martin.
The June issue also includes:
- All the best ideas and most incisive quotes from the World Magazine Congress.
- News and pictures from the regional press awards.
- A report on what the newsroom of the future will look like:
A rundown of the latest and best voice recorders for journalists.
- A career-retrospective interview and feature spread on design legend David Hillman:
And exclusive mag-only columns by David Banks, The Grey Cardigan, Axegrinder, Peter Kirwan, Camilla Wright and Peter Sands.