You will be part of a team working across capital.com and currency.com as required. There will be a mix of news and longer-form content ranging from features and interviews to technical articles, definitions and in-depth ‘everything you need to know’ articles broken up into manageable chunks. News will be published by the writers and subbed online as soon as practically possible afterwards. There may also be some newsletter publishing and email alerts.
The team is responsible for ensuring all output is:
- factually correct
- meets our SEO requirements
- complies with web accessibility best practice.
In addition to the UK we need an international team. In order to produce 24-hour content we need approximately:
- UTC to UTC+3 (UK)
- UTC-7 to -4 (US)
- UTC+8 to +11 (Singapore/Australia)
We need sub-editors covering those zones – may be in southern or northern hemisphere.
- Editing copy to ensure spelling and grammar are correct
- Checking for factual accuracy and legality
- Rewriting material where necessary to ensure it complies with house style, SEO and reads well
- Liaising with writers, reporters and editors where necessary
- Writing/editing headlines, subheadings, introductions and captions
- Ensuring pictures, graphics and other design features are correctly captioned and comply with web-accessibility requirement
- Ensuring all tagging is correct and that all material complies with SEO requirements
- Publishing material and ensuring deadlines are met
- Chasing copy where required
- Regularly checking material on screen, updating where necessary
- Keeping up to date with issues in the areas we cover
- Seniors will be required to manage sections/shifts/projects etc
- Two years’ experience for sub-editors, and four years’ experience for senior sub-editors
- Experience of working with a content management system (CMS)
- Basic knowledge of search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Thorough knowledge of media law
- Excellent English language and spelling
Nice to have
- Knowledge of financial markets and trading
- Sense of humour
Applicants should contact HR Manager Natalia Kuzhelevich on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com