Do you love breaking exclusives and setting the agenda? Do you want a job where you cover great stories every day? And are you looking for a role in a fast-paced newsroom based in one of the most exciting cities on earth?
MyLondon is looking for senior reporters to join our 85-strong team. You’ll love news, showbiz or features and be ready for the next step in your career.
This isn’t a job for beginners. You’ll have substantial experience at either a regional or national level, a creative and flexible approach and an instinct for a good story. Come to us with ambitious ideas and we’ll help you make them happen.
MyLondon is one of the most exciting newsrooms in the UK. This is the best patch in the country with an amazing array of topics to cover day in day out – you’ll need energy, enthusiasm, lots of ideas and a strong writing style.
Fresh ideas and new perspectives from a wide range of backgrounds are at the heart of what we do – and if you feel under-represented in media then we want to hear from you.
This role will be a mix of home and office working at our Canary Wharf office. Due to the nature of the position this candidate will need to be London based.
Please note: We offer a 4 day working week here at MyLondon.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
What will the role involve?
- Find and tell stories about London and the 9m people who call this brilliant city home
- Engage as many readers as possible, building communities online and in real life where stories can be shared
- Tell stories in many different ways from live blogs to social media posts
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication
Who are we looking for?
- You will be NCTJ qualified or equivalent with experience in a digital newsroom
- Someone who puts people at the heart of every story
- Creative and passionate with an awareness of quality digital storytelling
- A journalist who wants to tell the stories that really matter to London’s diverse communities
- You will have knowledge of media law and IPSO code of practice
- Flexible and willing to adapt. This role will involve shift work
- A driving licence is preferable for this role
What can we offer you?
We are offering a competitive salary and benefits including;
- Help saving for your retirement – join our pension scheme and we’ll match contributions up to 6%
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day – an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Enhanced family leave – including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.reachplc.com.