- Location: London
- Salary: DOE
- Contract: Full time
Verdict Financial Services, a division of GlobalData plc, is looking for a junior reporter to join its growing Financial Services team.
The successful candidate will play an essential role in setting the news agenda in a fast-paced publishing environment working on Verdict’s three monthly consumer finance publications.
The role requires excellent reporting, news-writing and research skills. The ability to find off-diary stories by building and maintaining relationships with key industry contacts is also paramount.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Preparing daily news, researching and writing stories for web and print
- Feature-writing and interviewing senior industry executives
- Attending and reviewing conferences and industry events
- Ability to turn around high-quality news stories
- Prepare insightful, analytical features
- Sending out newswires
Key skills and experience:
- A keen news sense and well-honed writing skills
- The ability to find news in data, company reports and financial information
- Familiarity with online publishing and content management systems
We run a busy news room. The successful candidate must be able to hold their own – working to tight deadlines under pressure. Telephone and interviewing skills are very important, and you will be expected to represent the company at events, conferences and meetings.
Please send your CV, with cover letter to: Douglas Blakey, Group Editor Consumer Finance, Verdict Douglas.email@example.com
Closing date: 28 June 2019
To apply for this job email your details to Douglas.firstname.lastname@example.org