- Location: Belfast
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding leader and journalist to be editor-in-chief of the Belfast Telegraph, the Sunday Life and belfasttelegaph.co.uk.
Reporting directly to the Publisher of Independent News and Media, the Editor-in-Chief will also work collaboratively with INM’s Managing Director of Publishing and Digital Director in Northern Ireland.
The Editor-in-Chief will help to maintain the Belfast Telegraph and Sunday Life’s reputation for superb, agenda-setting journalism and opinion.
They will be a champion for innovation and creativity and work with a team of talented journalist to consolidate and improve the content offering.
- Leading and inspiring a talented team of editors and journalists to produce outstanding journalism across INM’s titles in Northern Ireland
- Working as part of the INM management team to ensure the Belfast Telegraph and Sunday Life achieve commercial targets
- Ensuring a primary focus on quality journalism and digital subscriptions
- Mentoring and coaching staf members on their performance
- Hiring new talent
- Managing budgets and working with the Deputy Publisher and INM Legal Manager to reduce litigation risks and adhere to best journalistic practice
Experience and qualifications
Proven track record as an inspirational media professional and leader. At least five years’ experience as a senior editorial executive with a national newspaper or media outlet and experience in digital publishing
Applications must be accompanied by a CV and cover letter.
Closing date: 19 February 2020
To apply for this job please visit www.candidatemanager.net.