Nation Media Group seeks to recruit an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Health, Science and Environment Editor in the editorial department.
The job holder will be responsible for leading Nation Media Group’s coverage of health, science and environment and produce a body of work that will be published in our platforms across East Africa.
- Lead writer, contributing ground-breaking reporting and impactful opinions;
- Lead the process of identifying stories, deploying resources and supervising coverage;
- Coordinate content for, and publication of, a weekly Health, Science and Environment pull-out;
- Develop and provide regular analyses, commentaries and opinions on health, science and environment;
- Assign duties to health, science and environment reporters and liaise with Head of Content for daily publication of stories;
- Review stories for accuracy, depth and relevance;
- Ensure constant publication of robust online content;
- Establish and maintain professional links with experts, government and international agencies for generation of content.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- University degree in the sciences or environmental studies or equivalent qualification;
- At least five years’ experience in health/science journalism;
- Strong network of sources and ability to guide and lead a team of reporters and copy editors;
- Self-driven and an effective planner;
- Good command of English language;
- Ability to conduct research and interpret data.
The candidate should be willing to live and travel in Nairobi, Africa.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for career growth, compensation and benefits. If you meet the requirements, send your application and CV to email@example.com by June 19th 2019.
Note: We will only contact the shortlisted applicants.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org