French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo has appealed for donations ahead of its next weekly edition this Wednesday.
Despite the murder of nine editorial staff last week the magazine’s survivor’s have vowed to ensure that the next edition comes out on time.
It is being promoted on the Charlie Hebdo website as “Le Journal des Survivants”.
The website says the magazine will come out “because the pen is always above barbarism…because freedom is a universal right…because you support us”.
The front cover of this week's edition is expected to be revealed online this evening.
Lawyer for the magazine Richard Malka has been quoted as saying "obiously" the latest edition will include cartoon depictions of Mohammad. He said: "The spirit of I'm Charlie also means the right to blaspheme".
The magazine is also appealing for donations saying: “Charlie Hebdo needs you to survive”.
Former journalist for Charlie Hebdo Caroline Fourest said last Thursday: “We have all decided, the journalists who survived and their ex-colleagues, that we are going to have a meeting tomorrow to publish the next Charlie Hebdo, because there is no way, even if they killed 10 of us, that the newspaper won't be out next week."
Charlie Hebdo's editor-in-chief Gerard Biard was in London at the time of the attack.
According to Le Figaro, some one million Euros has been donated by the French government to keep the magazine going. A further 250,000 Euros has been provided from the French Fund for Digital Innovation, which is paid for by Google, and a further 250,000 Euros from French publishers. Guardian Media Group has pledged £100,000 (128,000 Euros).
It has been reported that the next edition of Charlie Hebdo will have a print-run of one million, instead of the usual 60,000.