The Mail on Sunday, The Sun and Grazia magazine have all apologised to supermodel Kate Moss after mistakenly reporting that she was picked up from a party in an ambulance.
The story appeared to originate with a page-lead in the Mail on Sunday on 8 March.
The title reported that an ambulance was called to collect Moss from the 60th birthday party of photographer Mario Testino.
The paper printed a page-two correction on Sunday said: “An article on March 8 said an ambulance was called when Kate Moss became ill at a late-night party at the Chiltern Firehouse hotel in London last October. We now accept that this incident did not occur and that no ambulance was called for her. We apologise to Miss Moss for any offence caused.”
The Sun repeated the allegation in a 14 March story headlined: “Why’s it all gone messy Mossy?”. It published a correction and clarification on Saturday.
Grazia published an apology in the current issue for a story headlined: “New fears for Kate”.
Grazia said: “We wrongly suggested that an ambulance had been called to attend her at Mario Testino’s 60th birthday party at the Chiltern Firehouse in October 2014 and that she had suffered a health scare that night.
”We now accept that this incident did not occur and that no ambulance was called for her. The party was not evacuated on her behalf and there is no current cause for concern as to her health.
“We apologise also for implying that the story featured on a gossip website was a reference to Kate, and for implying that there was a ‘cover up’.
“We have told Kate that the story was written in good faith and we apologise to her for any offence caused.”
The apologies were brokered by lawyers Harbottle and Lewis which declined to reveal details of any damages or costs paid by the publishers.