Mail Online hit a new web traffic record for a UK newspaper website for a second month running in July – reaching 85 million unique â€˜browsers' according to ABC.
This compares with the 79m total for October, and it was up 65.2 per cent year on year.
The next most popular UK national newspaper website in November was The Guardian, which reached 63.6m global unique browsers – a record for the site.
Just looking at the UK, the ABC figures state that Mail Online reachs 2.2m unique browsers a day and more than 30m unique browsers a month.
The Sun, which has opted not to join other Murdoch-owned titles behind an online paywall, has returned to ABC online auditing this month. Its 24.2m global monthly total for unique browsers places it in fourth place behind the Telegraph and well ahead of Mirror Group.
UK national newspaper website readership for November 2011, source ABC
Name of site: Daily unique browsers, percentage change year on year; monthly unique browsers, percentage change year on year
- MailOnline : 5,094,469 , 73.29 ; 84,977,460 , 65.21
- guardian.co.uk : 3,699,492 , 59.12 ; 63,589,633 , 55.84
- Telegraph : 2,347,502 , 36.15 ; 44,825,059 , 36.26
- The Sun : 1,495,256 , N/A ; 24,223,738 , N/A
- Mirror Group Digital : 758,729 , 42.03 ; 16,304,642 , 42.47
- The Independent : 686,062 , 22.53 ; 13,596,368 , 13.31
- Metro : 362,662 , N/A ; 8,624,127 , N/A
- Standard.co.uk : 159,419 , N/A ; 3,717,218 , N/A
UK national newspaper website readership for November 2011 (UK-only figures), source ABC
Name of site: Daily unique browsers; monthly unique browsers
- MailOnline : 2,233,952 ; 30,501,151
- guardian.co.uk : 1,744,139 ; 26,785,535
- Telegraph : N/A ; 16,607,092
- The Sun : N/A ; 13,183,646
- Mirror Group : N/A ; 9,767,391
- The Independent : N/A ; 6,712,905