Archant’s group design editor Steve Bodycomb was named Editorial Person of the Year at the company’s annual internal awards ceremeony on Friday.
Other award winners included group digital development manager James Parfitt, who was named New Media Person of the Year, and Devon Life staff writer Anna Turns, who won Green Person of the Year.
Business and Professional Life magazine and the Royal Ascot Magazine were also honoured.
Chief executive Adrian Jeakings said: “Our award winners are the people who have delivered extraordinary results. They are the crÃ¨me de la crÃ¨me of our industry and I am proud to be able to stand up here and hand out awards.
‘2011 was not the easiest year I’ve ever seen for Archant or for the country as a whole and 2012 is not looking much easier. But the things that we have done over the past 12 months put us in a strong position to deal with whatever comes along in the next 12.
‘Whatever else happens, a relentless focus on satisfying the needs of our customers will stand us in good stead in the difficult times that we face.”
Here’s the full list of winners:
- Editorial Person of the Year: Steve Bodycomb – group design editor, Archant London
- Green Person of the Year: Anna Turns – Devon Life staff writer, Archant Life
- Innovation of the Year: Business & Professional Life – Cotswold Life, Archant Life
- Commercial Person of the Year: Denise Evers – advertising sales manager, Archant Life
- Customer Service Person of the Year: Rebecca Nelson-Enes – customer services manager, Archant Life
- Support Person of the Year: Jane Berry – HR officer, Archant Suffolk
- New Media Person of the Year: James Parfitt – group digital development manager, Archant Specialist
- Unsung Hero of the Year: Barbara Coker – marketing and distribution manager, Archant KOS Media
- Employee of Year: Steve Philp – county sales team leader, Archant Norfolk
- Best Use of New Media: digital team, Archant Specialist
- Team of Year: new revenue solutions team, Archant South West